Sunday, May 12, 2013

To my beautiful mummy who's always young at heart. ❤



You often say that the price of the gift is not important, what really matters is the heart behind it. So here's a little piece of my heart... 

From as far back as I can remember (I think since I was about 4 or 5), every time I asked you what you wanted for mother's day, you would say that as long as I'm being a good girl, every day is mother's day. Back then, I may not have understood it, but those few words were instilled in me. And I promise you that I'm trying to make you the happiest mummy every day. 

I read this quote somewhere that said: “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” I dare say, without a doubt, that this quote sums up how I feel about you. 

I'm not sure how many daughters in the world can honestly say this, but you are one of my -for lack of a better word- bestest friend. I love when we have giggly fits over things that no one else seems to understand. I love when we do our laugh-clap all synchronised (you know what I mean. Haha.) I love how we can finish each other's sentence. I love how we say the same things at the same time on soooo many different occasions that I've lost track of how many sodas we owe each other. I love how we can look at each other, make a face and know what the other is thinking, simply because we're usually thinking the same thing. Well the list can go on and on but I'm sure by now, you get the idea. I guess what I really want to say is... I'm grateful for how connected we are to each other and thankful for the close relationship that we have.

You're the best mum I could ask for. There are so many things that you have imparted to me. You've always taught me how to stand up for myself and to speak my mind when it was necessary. You thought me how to deal with the difficult people that I've faced in my life [and will face]  with tact and grace. You thought me how to be my own person and not be ashamed of it, to not be afraid to stand out from the rest. 

When I'm down or discouraged, you were always there to encourage me with your motherly words of wisdom. Thank you for going through my ups and downs with me. You always understood how I felt. You always knew the right words to say. I guess that's why you're mummy. 

Besides that you never failed to encourage me to pursue my dreams and talents. Oftentimes you helped me to see the potential that I have and you showed me what I can do with it. To look for the opportunities and to take it when I can. But you've NEVER forced me to do something that I didn't want to and I'm thankful that you gave me the freedom of choice, always ready to guide me back when I needed to be. But most importantly, you always taught me and reminded me about how important it was for me to be a woman after God's heart

Since I was little, you were my super mum, the one that can do anything and everything - my role model. As I got older, I realised that my super mum was only human and that meant that not everything could be done. But needless to say, you are still my role model. Every time I think of how selfless you were when you chose to take care of me and Jo while putting your personal hopes and dreams on hold, it moves me to tears. Indeed nothing can compare to a mother's love I always marvel at how you manage to juggle everything at one go, but I guess that's one of the super powers that God blessed mothers with. Hehe. I really hope that one day I'll be as good a mum to my kids as you have been to me and Jo so that they will love you as much as [or maybe even more than] me.

I'm thankful that when God made me, He knew that you had to be my mum. You're the best mum that I could ever ask for. (No SMEs needed here. Haha.) I am who I am today because of your guidance and because you were a big influence in my life. I'm thankful for all the sacrifices that you've made for the past 19 years and I know that our relationship will grow even stronger for the years to come no matter how far apart we may be. (I'll even entrust all my wedding planning to you. I promise! Haha.)

To sum it up, I guess what I'm trying to say is... 

Thank you for your selfless love and the sacrifices that you've made. And I'm sorry for the times when I made you cry. The measure of love, guidance and encouragement that you've given me for the past 19 years is so much that I don't think I can ever repay you. BUT I am determined to work hard and do well for uni, to be successful when I come out to work and to continue to grow closer to God each day. I hope that one day I'll be able to make you as proud of me as I am of you [because you're the coolest mum EVER!!! DUH.]

I love you mummy, forever and always, to the moon and back! 
Happy Mother's Day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment