Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 is My Year

The clock strikes 12. It's new years day. And the world begins celebrating and embracing the start of a new year. It's as if the slate has been wipe clean. New year, new chances. Maybe this year we'll make better choices, make better friends, find love, discover the better things in life. Maybe, just maybe, this year will be better than last. 

And then it dawned on me. I'm turning 20 this year. 2 decades of my life. A new phase altogether. No longer a teenager, not yet an adult. But hitting the big two-o simply means that it's time to grow up, mature a little bit more, take on more responsibilities. Another realisation: I'm graduating next year! (Panic mode on!) Growing up can be so daunting. 

Well I'm not one to make resolutions especially since I know I wouldn't be any good at keeping them. Making them can be so easy. Keeping them, hard. But I've decided, this year is not about what I should or shouldn't do. It's not about how people think I should live and act and behave. 2014 is MY year. 

If there is one thing I resolute to do this year, it is to "Live, not just survive." 
Time to step out of my comfort zone and pursue the things that I want to. It's about time I love myself a little bit more. It's about time I learn to live in the moment and enjoy every ounce of it, because time passes by faster than you know. When the chance passes by, it's gone forever. Who knows what you'll find when you take that chance. This year, I want to LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment