Monday, November 19, 2012

My Two Cents Worth

It has (unintentionally) been over a month since the last time I blogged. Oopsies. Been so busy that I've lost track of time. But anyways had a busy weekend and I'm glad that I don't have classes on Mondays and Tuesdays! Yay! :)

So I really was supposed to be doing work but then I stumbled upon this movie on YouTube called Cyberbully. 



You may think that this movie is not worth your time, but here's my two cents worth. I'm really glad that I watched the movie and if you haven't yet, I really think that you should watch it too. It really expresses the reality and consequences of cyber bullying. 

The movie is basically about a high school girl who gets a laptop for her 17th birthday and discovers the ugly of the Internet. In this day and age, a new form of bullying has emerged. Bullying is no longer confined to the times where you're physically with a person. With the Internet, bullying can take place where ever you are and this movie shows it. 

In my opinion, even though the whole movie was kinda melodramatic and the writing wasn't very good, but Emily Osment did a great job portraying the main character. The emotions were so raw and real. 

Well, I can't promise you that you'll enjoy the movie but the fact remains real and true. Cyber bullying can destroy a person's life even if it doesn't feel real to us. Be wise when interacting with other people online!

No comments:

Post a Comment